Do you notice that your child has something “going on with their hearing” but you’re not quite sure what it is?
Does your child:
- answer your question but it’s not exactly the question you asked?
- have trouble expressing (her) himself?
- mispronounce words?
- have a delayed response time when spoken to?
It may be that your child has Auditory Processing Disorder (APD). Also, people with Attention Deficit Disorder are found to have APD that contributes to the ADD behavior.
Approximately 4% of kids who are reading below grade level have APD. However, we know that a child with learning problems may experience two or more learning disorders at the same time. With this in mind, it is suspected that up to 20% of kids reading below grade level may have an underlying Auditory Processing Disorder which contributes to the learning problem.
If you suspect that APD may be contributing to your child’s learning problem, Fast ForWard helps you understand why kids with APD learn to read and flourish in the classroom.
Fast ForWard ONLINE THERAPY promotes positive changes to the processing patterns in the brain that affect how we hear and process sounds and words.
Watch this short video and learn how this works:
Tina Liberatore is the Educational Consultant Coordinator for Gemm Learning. Her Education Specialists are trained in the treatment of Auditory Processing Disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder with Inattention using Fast ForWord.
Fast ForWard is recognized as being highly effective in helping kids with APD and ADD and is offered in schools across the country.
The difference is that when you use Gemm as your Educational Specialists, you receive personalized attention, assuring that your child will work successfully through the program. This increases the effectiveness of the program and the proof is in the results:
When using the Fast ForWord program, Gemm Learning students on average see 2 years of reading gain during the first 4-6 months of ONLINE THERAPY.
Is Online Therapy Right for Your Child?
There are so many things that get in the way:
- Waiting for 504 meeting results and waiting again for the education plan to begin making a difference
- School’s reluctance to acknowledge or even consider APD
- Seeing if the meds to treat ADHD will work even though you’re pretty sure that what’s going on is NOT ADHD
Therapy for kids with learning disorders is not a quick “one-size-fits-all” program. The goal is to develop a methodical, consistent learning plan that teaches learning skills that will last for a lifetime.
We’re not going to predict if you have the time, the support, the money. (more on this later! *)
This program is perfect for you if:
- You or another adult are able to put time and effort in to help organizing your child’s life so that they can successfully complete the lessons
- You are tired of waiting on the sidelines for the school to begin helping your child
- You want to provide extra help outside of school
- You are excited to watch your child gain 2 years of reading skills usually within the first 4 – 6 months of the program
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with an Education Specialist to learn more about the Fast ForWard ONLINE THERAPY.
We wish you warm regards as you travel along the path of learning more about your child’s unique learning issues!
Leave your name and contact info below and Tina or one of the teachers will be in touch.
*** Gemm offers payment plans so that no one is turned away from getting their child the help they need. Ask your teacher about this today.